• On this Website.
• In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and FirstPractice and/or this Website.
• Through events, seminars, fairs and programs provided by FirstPractice, its Affiliates or other unaffiliated
third parties and/or business partners that you register for through the Website;
• Through mobile and/or desktop applications or solutions you download and/or access from this Website.
• When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those
applications or advertising include links to this Website.
• Through your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, or other
sweepstakes or contests we may offer.
It does not apply to information collected by:
• us offline (other than as described above) or through any other means, including on any third party website;
• any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Welcome to FirstPractice!
What Information We Collect and What We Do with It
Information Collected From All Users
When you simply browse the Website as a user without registering for the Services or otherwise interact with the Website for any career related services, we may automatically record certain information sent from your browser, including the IP address from which you access our Website. For more information about our collection of Website access information, please see the section below titled “Log Information.”
In addition, online advertising and marketing networks with whom we partner may place anonymous Cookies (or similar technology) on a your device to deliver advertising and marketing materials tailored to your preferences or interests based on your online activities. For more information on Cookies, please see the section below titled Online Tracking, Cookies, and Ad Choices.
To use certain Services offered by FirstPractice, you must register and create a Profile via our Website and provide us with certain Personal Information, Professional and/or Organizational Information. The Personal and Professional and/or Organizational Information we collect from you may include: your name, address, phone number, degree, employment history, citizenship, marital status, your job search criteria, email address, and a password. We may collect additional information about you from public directories and other third party sources to assist us in providing the Services.
By creating a Profile, you authorize us to and we will disclose the Personal, Professional and Organization Information you submit to us, to Employers Organizations and Members (as applicable) with respect to particular job postings and Member and/or Employer Profiles for the purpose of providing you the Services, including alerting you to existing and new job postings and Member Profiles. Members may be required to provide an Employer Organization, at such Employer’s Organization’s request, with additional personal information, including, without, limitation your name, address, date of birth, social security number and any other personal information you provide for purposes of applying for a position. We do not have access to or control over any such personal information provided by you to an Employer Organization. The personal information you provide to any such Employer
Organization will be governed by a separate privacy notice issued by such Employer Organization, which should be reviewed by you prior to your disclosure of any personally identifying information.
You understand that we have no control over and assume no responsibility for personal information you submit to an Employer Organization, and shall have no liability for any actions or inaction taken by an Employer or Agency in connection therewith.
Information Not Collected on the Website
We do not collect the following information from any users via the Website: your Social Security number; Individual Taxpayer Identification Number; driver’s license number; state-issued identification card number; or financial or credit account numbers, including credit card or debit card numbers.
Online Tracking, Cookies, and Ad Choices
improve security or allow you to make use of resume building functionality. We are not required to obtain your
consent to Cookies that are strictly necessary.
technologies to do any of the following: (a) to determine the number of visitors to our Website and to identify
how visitors move around the Website and, in particular, which pages they visit; (b)to determine from where
in the world our Website is being visited so that we can ensure sufficient coverage and (c) to collect
information, where available, about your computer or mobile device for system administration purposes, such
as your IP address, operating system and browser type.
before or if you are a new visitor and to help us identify the features in which you may have the greatest
• We and online advertising and marketing networks with whom we partner may place Cookies (or similar
technology) on your device to deliver ads and marketing material tailored to your preferences or interests
based on your online activities. By visiting the Website, you consent to the placement of Cookies or similar
identifiers on your web browser.
If you are concerned about Cookies stored on your computer, we encourage you to follow your web browser’s guidance for deleting Cookies after completing a browsing session. Opting out of targeted advertising and marketing will not prevent you from seeing ads entirely, but the ads will no longer be delivered to you via targeting methods. You can also control the receipt of Cookies through your browser’s settings. Please note that some of our services may not function properly if Cookies are disabled.
When you access our Website, our servers automatically record information sent from your browser, which may include your web request, Internet Protocol address, domain names, referring Uniform Resource Locator, browser type, browser language, and operating system; the date and time of your request and access; and Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser (collectively, “Usage Data”). We may combine Usage Data with Personal Information in a manner that enables us to trace Usage Data to an individual user, and may collect, use, preserve and disclose Usage Data in any manner that we may collect, use, preserve and disclose Personal Information as provided herein (whether Usage Data is combined with any Personal Information or otherwise).
Use, Disclosure, and Sharing of Personal Information
We may use and/or disclose your Personal Information to perform the Services and for other purposes, including the following:
• Provide you with access to the Services;
• Send you job search-related information via email, text message, phone call and direct mail;
• Contact you to gather more information related to our Services;
• To match you with open job positions
• To respond to your questions and requests or otherwise provide you with customer service;
• To make improvements, customizations and/or other modifications to the Website and Services
• Invite you to FirstPractice events and/or events of our Affiliates and unaffiliated business partners who may
provide goods and services of interest to you;
• Comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
• Provide updates regarding your Profile, the Website and Services provided by FirstPractice;
• To notify you about changes to our Website or any Services or other products we offer or provide through it;
• If required under applicable law; and
• For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use and/or disclose aggregated, de-identified information about our users, and non-aggregated information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
Physician CV will not distribute, sell, rent, transfer, or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to any third party, except as follows:
• To our subsidiaries and/or Affiliates. We may share the information we collect about you with our Affiliate for
purposes of providing you joint content and our products and services. Our Affiliates may use this
information to send you marketing communications and you will have the opportunity to opt-out in email
• If you are a Member, we may disclose your information, including Personal Information, to Employer
Organizations for purposes of providing you the Services;
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of all or any portion of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by FirstPractice about our users is among the assets transferred;
• To business partners and suppliers as necessary to perform services on behalf of FirstPractice;
• To third-party business partners providing special offers related to your healthcare practice or job search. Third party business partners may use this information to send you marketing communications and you will have the opportunity to opt-out in email communications;
• With your consent or at your direction, we may also share your information with potential employers and/or career/job posting websites;
• If we believe disclosure is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be injuring or interfering with our rights or property, or otherwise harming any other individual by utilizing the Website or Services;
• When you have consented to such disclosure; and
• To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
We also do not exercise control of other websites that may display information about FirstPractice and our Services, or direct how those other websites may collect, distribute, or otherwise use your Personal Information. Such websites may place their own Cookies or similar files on your computer, collect data, or solicit Personal Information from you. We do not guarantee the security of any information that you may disclose on other websites, and FirstPractice is not responsible or liable for those websites’ policies, actions, or content.
In order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve our services, we may collect and retain electronic messages, mail, and other communications that you send to FirstPractice, as well as the information contained therein or associated therewith, including without limitation, read receipts, user opens and click through rates.
Retention of Data
Unless otherwise prohibited by applicable laws, we may retain residual information about you, including in our backup files or database, particularly when such retention is required by law or is pursuant to legitimate business purposes. Except as otherwise required under applicable laws, including the GDPR if you are an EU data subject, you agree that we are under no obligation to delete or modify information that you have previously chosen to provide us. Please remember that if we have already disclosed some of your Personal Information to third parties, we cannot access that Personal Information any longer and cannot force the deletion or modification of that information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures.
Accessing, Controlling, Updating, and Deleting Data
When you use FirstPractice, we work to provide you the ability to access, review, correct, edit, or remove the Personal Information and related content that you have provided to us. You can do this by logging into FirstPractice and accessing your Profile. You must identify yourself before we can process any request to access, review, correct, edit, or remove such information. Although most changes will occur immediately, some information may stay stored on your browser’s web cache. We take no responsibility and are not liable for information stored in your cache or on any other electronic devices through which you may access FirstPractice.
Choices for Personal Information
Opt-Out/Changing Your Account
You may unsubscribe or opt out of any of our email lists, electronic newsletters, bulletins, guides or marketing campaigns at any time by following the instructions included in such email or other communication, or by contacting our service team by phone at (800) 776-8383 (select Option 2) or emailing them at helpdesk@FirstPractice.com.
assist with any lawful investigations, enforce our Terms of, or to take any other actions permitted by law.
Your Rights Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation
Data Controller/Processor. For purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are located in the European Economic Area, FirstPractice processes Personal Information both as a Processor and as a Controller, as defined in the GDPR.
Data Protection Officer: FirstPractice has a “Data Protection Officer” who is responsible for matters relating to privacy and data protection. This Data Protection Officer can be reached at helpdesk@FirstPractice.com or 415 2nd Avenue, Hinton, WV 25951.
Your Rights as a Data Subject. The GDPR may provide you the right to:
• Make a Data Subject Access Request to access your Personal Information at any time. This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the Personal Information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate Personal Information we hold about you corrected, although we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
• Request erasure / deletion / removal of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information where we do not have a valid reason to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing, where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your Personal Information to comply with local law. Please Note: we may not always be able to comply with your request for erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
• Object to processing of your Personal Information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a 3rd party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
• Request restriction of processing of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your Personal Information in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to process it.
• Data Portability / Request the transfer of your Personal Information to you or directly to another controller. This right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the Personal Information to perform a contract with you. We will (unless there is an exemption) assist you by securely transferring your Personal Information directly to another controller where technically feasible or by providing you with a copy in a structured commonly used machine readable format.
• Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on your consent to process your Personal Information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Legal Basis for processing your Personal Information. We have set out a short description of main ways we will collect, store, process, share and disclose your Personal Information and the legal basis we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are, where appropriate.
We will only use your Personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
• To fulfill a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
• Where it is in our legitimate interests;
• When it is our legal or regulatory duty; and
• When you consent.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information in conducting and managing our business. We will consider and balance any potential impact on you and your legal rights when we process your Personal Information for our legitimate interests. We do not use your Personal Information for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation or permitted to by law).
Marketing Messages. Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Personal Information except in relation to sending direct marketing communications via email or text message. However, where we are providing you with the Services, you will receive email marketing communications from us even if you have not given us consent as we rely on a soft opt-in form of consent.
You may receive marketing communications from us if you provided us with your details when you registered for the Services, a job fair, seminar, promotional or networking event or attended a course and you have given us consent to send you marketing. We may also use your identity, contact details, technical data, usage data and profile data to form a view and decide which services may of interest or relevant for you.
We will never sell or disclose your Personal Information to any third parties to use for marketing.
Where We Store Your Personal Information
We retain your personal information and information stored and collected through the Website for as long as we have a business or tax need or as applicable laws, regulations, or government orders require. When your information is no longer necessary or relevant for the identified purpose or to fulfill a legal or business requirement, we will use reasonable commercial efforts to securely dispose of and destroy your information collected through the Website.
Security, Technology, and Amendments to Policies Security
In accordance with industry standards, we have implemented security safeguards to protect FirstPractice and its users against unauthorized accessing, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of Personal Information. Some of the safeguards may include:
• Requiring passwords in order to access sections of the Website or certain data;
• Employing firewalls to prevent unauthorized Website and data access;
• Encrypting communications between your browser and the FirstPractice Website through HTTPS (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure);
• Restricting access to Personal Information to certain FirstPractice employees, contactors, agents, and operators; and
• Requiring FirstPractice employees, contactors, agents, and operators to agree to and comply with strict confidentiality agreements, the violation of which include discipline, termination, and criminal prosecution.
While we are always looking to take reasonable steps to improve our security, the Internet can never be completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of the information transmitted to FirstPractice. In particular, emails, messages, and other communications between FirstPractice users are not encrypted, and you should never use these communication methods to convey personal information that you wish to keep private. Ultimately, you are responsible for protecting the security of your password and login information.
While FirstPractice employs multiple security measures to maintain data security, data breaches can occasionally happen, even to the most secure of systems. In the event of such a situation, FirstPractice will, in compliance with any applicable federal and state data breach laws, endeavor to timely notify all users whose Personal Information FirstPractice knows or has clear reason to believe was accessed by an unauthorized person.
As a user of our Website, you owe certain obligations to FirstPractice and other users, including potential legal obligations. You are also expected to extend to all other users of FirstPractice’s services various common courtesies broadly accepted by the professional community. You must:
• NEVER provide false or fraudulent information when setting up a Profile;
• NEVER set up an a Profile for illegal or nefarious purposes;
• Respect all intellectual property rights (e.g., trademarks or copyrights) that may belong to FirstPractice, other users, or third parties;
• Refrain from uploading, posting, or disseminating any personal information that may infringe on the rights of others or be deemed offensive, injurious, discriminatory, prejudiced, or bigoted; and
• Safeguard your username and password by not sharing it with others.
Children’s Privacy. FirstPractice is committed to protecting the privacy of children and encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. FirstPractice is not directed to children or designed to attract them. You must be at least 18 years of age to use our Website and Services. FirstPractice does not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information about users that are under 18 years of age. If we later learn that a user is under 18 years of age, we will remove that user’s personal information from our databases and prevent the user from further using the FirstPractice Website and its Services. If you become aware that a user is under 18 years of age, please notify us immediately at helpdesk@FirstPractice.com. If you are a user who is identified in this manner, we may require you to submit suitable proof of age, such as a copy of government-issued identification, in order to continue using the FirstPractice Website.
Your California Privacy Rights. California residents are entitled once a year, free of charge, to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. We do not share personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. California residents who are registered users of the Services and are under the age of 18 are entitled, in accordance with California law, to request and obtain removal of content and information that they themselves post on the Services.
Monitoring and Enforcement. In accordance with applicable laws, you may request access and raise concerns or complaints regarding your personal information processed by us with by contacting us: by email helpdesk@FirstPractice.com; or by mailing FirstPractice at 415 2nd Avenue, Hinton, WV 25951.